CORE VALUES: (The core values of an organization are those values we hold which form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves. We have an entire universe of values, but some of them are so primary, so important to us that throughout the changes in society, government, politics, and technology they are STILL the core values we will abide by. In an ever-changing world, core values are constant. Core values are not descriptions of the work we do or the strategies we employ to accomplish our mission. The values underlie our work, how we interact with each other, and which strategies we employ to fulfill our mission. The core values are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do.1)
- Accountability – Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for actions, decisions, and policies. This applies to both individual accountability on the part of employees and accountability of the Company as a whole.
- Balance – Promote and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Commitment – Committing to an excellent product, service, and other initiatives that impact lives within and outside the organization. Honor commitments to success for our corporate family.
- Diversity – Respecting and accepting the diversity of individuals and groups. All individuals within Flatirons, and those we deal with outside the organization should feel they are equals in our eyes.
- Empowerment – Encouraging employees to take initiative and give the best. Adopting an environment to empower employees to lead and make decisions. Create and support a working environment that fosters teamwork, respect, communication and collaboration.
- Equality – All individuals have an equal voice. Treat co-workers, clients, and others with respect. Listen to their concerns.
- Innovation – Pursuing new creative ideas that have the potential to increase revenue, provide new and better services to our clients.
- Integrity – Acting with honesty, professionalism, and honor without compromising the truth. The "things" that success brings are meaningless without conduct that exhibits a grace in how we may model our behavior. Promote honesty, integrity, and dedication to making the world a better place while having fun doing so.
- Ownership – Taking care of the company and clients as if they are your own.
- Safety – Ensuring the health and safety of employees and going beyond the legal requirements to provide an accident-free workplace, both in the office, and in the field.
Surveying and engineering are ancient, noble professions that are important. We want to enhance this view by our conduct, and build relationships with clients, review agencies, contractors, and the community.